Published On: Sun, Nov 30th, 2025

Whittaker offers 'big reward' after home burgled

Ben Whittaker with his WBC Silver light-heavyweight belt
Ben Whittaker, pictured with his WBC Silver light-heavyweight belt, took just 135 seconds to complete a knockout win over Benjamin Gavazi on Saturday [Getty Images]

British light-heavyweight Ben Whittaker has offered a reward for information after his house was burgled while he was out fighting.

Whittaker completed a stunning first-round stoppage of German Benjamin Gavazi in Birmingham on Saturday night, but arrived back at his house in Wednesbury, West Midlands, to find it had been ransacked.

"They even took my IBF belt – what are they going to do with that?" said the 28-year-old in a video on his Instagram account, referring to the IBF International light-heavyweight title belt he won in June 2024.

"Highs and lows of sport. Come back… house has been burgled. But Wednesbury, I got a big, big reward. Find these people, let me know."

Whittaker showed a window in his kitchen had been smashed, with the blinds hanging down.

West Midlands Police told BBC Sport: "We are investigating after a home was broken into in Wednesbury shortly after midnight today [Sunday] with property stolen.

"Anyone with any information is being asked to ring us on 101 quoting crime reference number 20/459973/25. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111."

Whittaker is a rising star of the light-heavyweight division and was competing in his first fight under new promotor Matchroom.

He extended his professional record to 10 wins in 11 fights, the draw coming when he and Liam Cameron fell over the ropes.

The Wolverhampton-born fighter, who is known for his showboating and flashy style, turned professional in 2022, the year after winning an Olympic silver medal at the Tokyo Games.

More boxing from the BBC


Most Popular Posts